These crunchy oats bars are not too sweet and are a delightful accompaniment to a cup of tea.
- 170g oats
- 80g oat flour (whizz the oats up in a food processor until they become flour)
- 80g coconut oil
- 80g maple syrup or runny honey
- 2 tablespoon of oat milk, coconut milk or water
- Pinch of salt
- Quarter Teaspoon of baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 °C.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, oat flour, salt and baking powder.
- Microwave the coconut oil for a few seconds until it melts. Add the maple syrup or runny honey to the oil.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and add the oat milk. Mix well until combined.
- Line a small baking tray (approx. 18cm x 20cm) with parchment paper. Press down the oat mixture into the tin very tightly to 1.5 cm thick. Cut it into 10 pieces to make it easier to separate them after baking.
- Bake for 35 to 40 mins until golden brown.
Delicious Homemade Oat Bars
Tip: If you would like to try out different flavours, just add some ground ginger, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract or orange zest.