These summery egg cups are packed with vegetables. They make a healthy and delicious addition to your picnic or lunchbox. They can be customised to your taste using any vegetables you might have around. You can try using grated carrots, peas, sweetcorn and even add a bit of feta cheese, ham or smoked salmon. Get the kids involved and they can create their own versions.
Ingredients (makes 6):
- 1 medium courgette grated
- 2 sliced spring onions
- Small red pepper chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp quark cheese or Greek yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 25g grated parmesan
- Hand full chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Grate the courgette and mix with a good pinch of salt. Leave aside for 15 mins.
- In the meantime chop the pepper, basil and spring onions and grate the parmesan.
- Squeeze the courgette with your hands to drain out as much liquid as you can.
- Add the chopped basil, spring onions, red pepper, eggs and quark cheese to the courgette and season well. Mix thoroughly.
Red pepper and courgette mini egg cups
5. Spoon the mixture into 6 mini muffin silicon cups or into a lightly oiled mini muffin tin and bake at 170°C for approx. 20 mins or until golden brown.