You will need just 3 ingredients to make this recipe. There is no cooking or baking involved and they only contain natural sugars, making them a great addition to the kids lunchbox.
- 100g dried mango
- 4 slices tinned pineapple in juice
- 50g desiccated coconut + extra for coating
1) Break the pineapple slices into chunks and put them in a food processor. Add the dried mango and blend until smooth.
2) Add 25g of desiccated coconut to the pineapple and mango mixture and blend once more.
3) Scoop out the mixture into a bowl and add the remaining 25g of coconut. Mix well.
4) Refrigerate the mixture for approximately 1 hour to allow it to firm up.
5) Portion out the mixture with a teaspoon and roll it into balls. Coat the balls in coconut and store them in the fridge.
Tip: For best results, leave them in the fridge overnight before eating. This will allow the outside to firm up and will improve the texture. They can be kept refrigerated for up to a week.